Slumlove Sweater Company is looking for an energetic, hardworking, fashion-loving individual ready to join our team and help push this small business to the next level! We are a fashion company dedicated to making stylish clothing while providing jobs + resources for people living in one of the world's largest slums.
We are looking for an intern who can lend a hand in every aspect of our business! You'll be doing day-to-day tasks like fulfilling orders and posting on social media, as well as helping out with larger scale events like photo shoots + trade shows!
Interest in fashion + humanitarian work is a must.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- help manage all social media outlets (Pinterest, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram)
- write occasional blog posts for the Slumlove website
- help in planning photo shoots + events and assist on location
- perform day-to-day activities (packing + shipping orders, picking up supplies, etc.)
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
- how to run a small business
- the ins and outs of the fashion industry
- branding + marketing
- must be a current student or recent graduate living in Austin, Texas
- flexible schedule, available 10-15 hours a week
- reliable + punctual
- knowledge of social media
- interest + passion for fashion
- interest + passion in humanitarian work + social justice
- hardworking + motivated
- sewing skills
- photography skills
- photoshop/graphic design skills